CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 04, 2007

Yard work. It's so choice.

For those of you who spent your Memorial Day weekend out of town or just doing fun stuff all weekend.......screw you.

I decided to work on my sprinkler system. Saturday morning I slid out of bed and to the back yard I went. Eager to get done early before the real heat set in I thought an early attack would be the way to go. Twelve hours and 4,238 curse words later I still wasn't done and didn't finish for another week. I am telling you this whole home owner thing isn't everything they say it is or will be. Sure as long as you make the payments nobody can kick you out, but you still have to keep the neighbors happy by not being "that guy" on the street that lets his lawn go to hell. My wife comes from a family of "we can do it ourselves and projects are fun". I on the other hand grew up with a father who owned 7-12 rental properties at a time so this kind of stuff was what you did with dad if you went to visit for the weekend. And believe me if you ever asked if we could do something other than work the old man looked at you like you really were worthless. What could be more fun than work he would ask me. Oh, lets see dad I'm nine, I could think of a lot of things. So any way I have become a "let's pay someone to do it and it will be done better than if I did it myself" kind of person.

So two weekend days later they are working and the lawn is on it's way to a full recovery. I sure am glad I didn't pay someone to do it though. Think of all the fun I had working in the mud and hot sun when I could have been doing hmmm let's see.........anything esle.

0 comments: