CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I don't YIKE it Mama






The last Friday in April we decided to take Rayce to the Hogle Zoo. We got up bright and early and went to breakfast at Ruth's Diner and got to the zoo right about 9am. There was no one there, it was awesome. The first animal we saw was the howler monkey, he definately embodied his name that day, I think that he was howling at us the whole time we were there. The elephants and rhinos weren't out first thing so we started at the other side of the zoo. We saw a jaguar face to face through the glass, I think that he was putting on his morning show. The tiger was up and at it, milling around before it got too hot. The giraffes were definately awake. They were the Rayce's favorite, he couldn't keep his eyes off them. They even came over to pose for some pictures!! Rayce got a little scared by the big fake African Elephant, he didn't "yike it". He did like the dipping dots though, and let's be honest, who doesn't like dipping dots? I keep asking myself why they don't sell those things in the stores. It was definately a success ful day at the zoo. Next time we go we will do it early again!!!