Some of you know that I travel some for my job. I go to some cool places and I go to some absolute holes. I am not joking. I have been in a city that when I went into the convenience store to get a bottle of water I left immediately with out the water due to the negative attention I was getting. I don't consider myself a sissypants, but that was the only time in all my traveling I have called my wife and told her this is where I am and this is where I am going. If you don't hear from me in four hours call the police. I will give more details in person if you ask, but will keep it politically correct here in the blogosphere. Anyway, I have a quest where ever I go and it is to find the best hamburger available in the city. Trust me, I have found some dandies. However none was so good as the burger that will never grace this gut again. In Missoula, MT there is a place you guessed it called Iron Horse Brew Pub. Not only is Missoula awesome by it's own right, but then throw in this great place to eat and I could live there. But, back to the burger. It starts out with a perfectly grilled bun, thick slice of ham, 1/3 lb. of beef topped with jalapeƱos and pepper jack cheese. Then I would bath it in Champagne Mustard. It was and still is the greatest hamburger this guy has ever eaten. While thinking of it the other day I decided to get on the Iron Horse website and check out the menu and see if I could recreate it here at home since who knows when I would be going back to Missoula. But, alas, it was not on the menu. I called Iron Horse and inquired. "It didn't sell very well" they told the downhearted chum on the other end of the phone. DIDN'T SELL VERY WELL? IN A COLLEGE TOWN? I hung up crushed. Lets face it. You can never really recreate something at home and have it taste half as good as the chef's version at the restaurant. So I guess all I have are my memories of horking down my last one and feeling like I ate too much, but being euphorically contented. Then leaving the restaurant to waddle back to my car and watching a bum pee on a bank wall. So the search is on again. To find the best. I have found some greats, but I don't know if anything can top the one. I think I am up to the challenge.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Farewell, you will be missed..........
Posted by hizznizzle at Monday, April 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Boy, you are one good writer. Loving all the photos.
There are really only two things I miss enough that make me consider eating meat again from time to time....
1) A Kick-Ass burger like this one that you described here...
2) Bacon
Put them together, and my non-meat morals go right out the window. LOL. MMMMMM, burger.......
Post a Comment