This wonderful, beautiful, 41 degree morning ended up in being not so wonderful, not so beautiful and maybe even colder. Jacque and I try to go walking every morning at the University mall. I know that it sounds totally geriatric and gay but it is cold and we both have little ones that can't handle, or shouldn't have to handle the weather. Any way it was 7:20 and we had just left the house. Rayce and I in "BIG RED" and Jacque and Kenna in her STANG. I was stopped at the light on 8th north and State Street. The light had just turned green and I looked back to check on Rayce and must of taken my foot off the brake and BOOM, suddenly I am ramming a Toyota Corolla up the butt. It took me a minute to even realize what had happened. I stepped on the brake and just sat there for a minute. Cars were going around us so I suggested we pull off the road and out of the way. I got out to appologize to the guy and saw that his trunk was jacked up. I thought that it didn't do any damage to the truck until I realized that the grill gaurd was all cock-eyed. I called Mike and he left to meet me. Someone had already called the dispatch and they were on their way. I felt terrible, not only for jacking up this guy's car ( of which by the way had just been sold, the guy was getting a Dodge Charger in a couple of days), but for causing and accident. In my whole 29 years, mind you almost 30years, I have only had 2 tickets and never ever caused an accident. Tecnically I have only been in one accident and that was right before Mike and I got married. So any way I was devistated at my stupidity. The craziest thing is that this accident happened and I wasn't even being careless. You know sometimes I am on my phone and sometimes I do my makeup while I drive, both of which are super careless and a little wreckless. But no this accident happened when I thought I was being safe. It just goes to show you that looking away even for a couple of seconds could be bad. We are getting the truck fixed and the guy has already got an estimate and has already been to the chiropractor ( he had a pre-existing injury and this just jarred it). I feel terrible. The guy was really nice, Mike is going to get him a gift certificate to apologize for the inconvinience. What a morning!
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
You're still the jam in my book!
definitely the jam.
Post a Comment