I have not blogged for quite a while so I thought that I should catch up. Soon enough it will be Christmas and then who has time for anything. What in the world have we been doing since Mike and his big deer masacare: Thanksgiving came and went and it was one of the smallest gatherings I have attended in a long time. We spent it with Mike's mom and there were a total of 7 adults and 1 child. I made my famous yams, the ones that taste more like pie than taters, all I have to say is "yum, yum, yummy". I also made homade rolls for the very first time in my life. I had to do it once before I turned 30! Thanks to Allison's great recipe they turned out fabulous. The food was awesome and the evening low key. Emily and Rick showed up for dessert with their 4 kids so Rayce got to play and didn't get too bored. Thanks Em and Rick. After Thanksgiving we have just been trying to get ready for Christmas. By getting ready I mean shopping and working on projects, not decorating. It is Dec. 13th and no tree, no lights, no nothing. First of all I have minimal decor and second of all, Mike has minimal desire. I am pretty sure he is not even going to attempt putting lights on the house. We are getting a tree tomorrow, and Mike is way into that, so rest assured he is not a scrooge. I wish there was more time to do "Christmasy" things, between work and a traveling husband I don't find much time. Did I mention that it also gets dark way to early. I did go ice skating with my bestest friend Jenna. What an event! They said that we could bring unbrella strollers to push around the rink, so Josh and Rayce ( who are obviously too little to ice skate) could also enjoy the outing. I thought that it would go pretty well, Rayce could watch all the other people skating and that would keep him occupied. Boy was I wrong. He was definately not entertained, he of course wanted to join in the fun. After about 10 min we got off the ice and I was just going to let him walk around. He ended up pushing the stoller in to a ton of people and screaming every time I tried to help. By this time Jenna, Josh, and Jake were off the ice and enjoying a nice dougnut and a cup of hot cocoa. Don't worry, after a millon people gave me the evil eye because my child was a screaming kamakazi stroller driver, we left. No doughnut, no cocoa, no nothing! I hope that Jenna will still be my friend! I am totally embellishing but it was quite the experience.
That pretty much does it for catching up. Now on to Christmas, I really can't wait to see how Rayce takes it all in. He gets to see Santa on Sunday, I'll let you know how it goes. HO HO HO
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
shall we catch up?
Posted by hizznizzle at Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Something tells me that he'll probably scream when he sees Santa.
...kamakazi style no doubt
Post a Comment