CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 08, 2008

I'm not that punk okay forget it.


If your cool the title of this post meant something to you. If it doesn't, it's probably too late. Especially if your over 30 and wear business casual to work on a daily basis. Any way, some of our bestest most favoritest friends came to town last week to finally meet Lanie. Part of the reason for the coordinated weekend was that NOFX was playing at The Venue in Salt Lake. The show had so much promise. The last time I saw these guys play a full show it was awesome. However, this time, not so awesome. They played a lot of their new stuff which isn't bad, it's just that I don't think it's as good as some of their older stuff. So the show lets out and we make our way back to the truck. I don't even notice the hole in my window until I am about to open the door. ~*$#@*&^!@$&^%$!~+++*&$$#@!~. I may have said out loud. I was pretty mad as those around can tell you. Then a guy walks up asking if anyone has caught or seen who did this because he has a cinder block through his windshield and he is supposed to drive home to Richfield that night. Bummer I thought to myself as all of a sudden my situation didn't seem too bad. In fact mine could have been much worse. If it weren't for the tint on my glass the whole window would have been smashed in. The tint held it together making it much easier to clean up the next day and making it easier to drive home from SLC. My brother would fill me in the following day that as he left and walked to his car there were many other vehicles that had windows broken. So we cleaned it up the best we could and made our way home. On the way home I realized that I was in fact way more pissed that the show sucked than my window being broken. Besides, lets be honest here, karma doesn't always go easy on you. Some of you may find this hard to believe, but I was not the angel that you would all believe when I was younger. I know, I know, it is hard to fathom that I could do wrong by anyone. I mean I am near perfect. Hmmm, that last statement may have been a stretch. I did some crappy things when I was a kid. Some things that I am not proud of one bit. Some are well known. Others are not. So I took my karma that night with a lump and went on being more upset that the show was a let down. In the end it cost me a couple hundred bucks, but I felt that a small due had been paid. Who knows when the next one will come. All I know is that if my plan of letting people into traffic, always holding the door for you ladies, and being nice to people (tough one I know) pays off then maybe I can even up the odds on this whole karma thing. I can dream right?

2 comments:

annie valentine said...

Thank you Earl, that was very inspiring. Sorry about the concert.

Melissa May said...

Dude, it sucks major ASS that that shit happened to your window, but otherwise it was still fun to pretend we're still in our 20's and go to a show at old Bricks. Memories....We had the best time hanging out with you guys! Can't wait to see you again soon! Email us the pics.

LOVE YOU TONS!
Andy and Mel