Mike has been itching to go out on a date lately, and by a date he means anything with me just by ourselves. We decided that we would drop the kids off at our good friends in Lehi and head to Alpine to do some mountain biking. If any of you know my husband you know how much he LOVES biking, probably more than most things. Mike bought me a sweet mountain bike two years ago and I ride it as much as possible up the canyon but I haven't been out on the dirt much. Mike chose Alpine because it isn't super steep and he thought that it would be a good first ride this season for me. It was perfect weather, not too hot and we were both excited to have some time together. We pulled our bikes out of the truck and were geared up to start our ride. Mike wanted me to check to see if my suspension was locked out, I bent over to check it out, forgetting that I was clipped in my left peddle and fell over on my left side barely missing the cassett on Mike's bike. I banged up my knee and elbow and I hadn't even peddled once, boy am I graceful!
We finally started our ride, and Mike was right, it was not very steep, but he did forget how rocky the trail was. If any of you have mountain biked before, when you are going up hill you are not necessarily going super fast, therefore going the speed of a snail over big rocks is a bit more technical then you think. Needless to say about five minutes into the ride I ate it big time and jacked up my knee and arm. I got a little mad at myself and a lot mad at the stinking huge rocks! After my venting I climed back on and finished the ride. Luckily there were parts that were not as rocky and going over the rocks downhill was much easier. All in all it was a fun ride and made me want to get out more often so that I could get better at it. Most of all it was great to hang out with Mike all by my lonesome! Anything I do with Mike always ends up being fun, even if I come home with sweet battle wounds!
THANKS FOR THE DATE MIKEY!
We finally started our ride, and Mike was right, it was not very steep, but he did forget how rocky the trail was. If any of you have mountain biked before, when you are going up hill you are not necessarily going super fast, therefore going the speed of a snail over big rocks is a bit more technical then you think. Needless to say about five minutes into the ride I ate it big time and jacked up my knee and arm. I got a little mad at myself and a lot mad at the stinking huge rocks! After my venting I climed back on and finished the ride. Luckily there were parts that were not as rocky and going over the rocks downhill was much easier. All in all it was a fun ride and made me want to get out more often so that I could get better at it. Most of all it was great to hang out with Mike all by my lonesome! Anything I do with Mike always ends up being fun, even if I come home with sweet battle wounds!
THANKS FOR THE DATE MIKEY!




6 comments:
My chicka is way more hardcore than you.
A flood of memories came back to me with that picture, you don't just get hurt when you get hurt. Remember the smashed fingers and the banged up knees from hurdling, how could you forget right? OUCH! I hope you recover quickly! No baby yet by the way and my butt is killing me :)
Jason would love you. Just reading this makes me want to lay down and take a nap. I need to see you!!! How are you?
You are a scrapper, for sure! I am sorry to say I did laugh a little when I was reading it, but my heart totally went out to you. You guys ROCK!
Lezlie I can't believe you kept going I probably would've quit after the first fall. Your awesome I am jelous you two got to go on a date.
Yikes! That looks super sore. I am glad that you kept going. Good job.
Post a Comment