This one is a couple days late, but better late then never.
As I pedaled my bike up the trail Friday morning with my two buddies on the anniversary of our great countries independence, I couldn't help but think of how lucky I was. I live in the greatest country in the world. I have every freedom any one could ever ask for. Here I am on a bike that proves American's innovations. I drove a truck that is reliable and has a/c. Something a lot of people in the world will never get to appreciate. I am with two good friends. I get to play in some of the greatest mountains on the planet that are minutes from my front door. I mean hell I get to wake up every morning and look at them and appreciate what they afford me. How blessed am I? Very. Beyond anything I can comprehend. I owe it all to those that sacrificed everything they had and in many instances their lives to make this country great. And still do it today. Now our country isn't perfect. None are. But I love being an American. I love America. It pisses me off that kids in some states don't stand and say the Pledge of Allegiance. It pissed me off that at a high school football game you can't offer a prayer for the safety of those kids on the field to ask God that no one gets hurt. I mean if you don't agree with it just pray to your god and ask for the same thing. That is what America is about. It's your right. Besides the more prayers the better. No matter what deity you believe in. I swear that the further we get from the principles the founding fathers built this country on the bigger pansies we become. I get so tired of a few special interest groups getting their feelings hurt so we all have to change our lives to accommodate them. I could go on and on about this, but will instead get to my point. So.
GOD BLESS AMERICA.
Screw anyone that doesn't feel that way. Go live in France.
Sunday, July 06, 2008
My Opinion.
Posted by hizznizzle at Sunday, July 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Better late than never. Loved it.
Amen. I completely agree with you. The sad thing is a lot of us "Americans" take for granted what our country is supposed to be.
all i can say is amen!
Ha!!! Love it, and I couldn't agree with you more!
Post a Comment