CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 21, 2008

My Opinion.

If people were behind bars at the zoo the sign would read.

"Don't feed their egos".

Sometimes I feel like not complementing someone because I think that all it will do is make their head get that much bigger. That may be wrong of me and I may be passing judgment, but I don't really give a rats a**. To be fair there are times when I think pretty highly of myself. Yeah, it's true. I know hard to believe. I come across to so many as humble right? We all do it. For whatever reason. We think we look good in that pair of jeans, we make good money, we drive nice cars, we have nice toys, whatever it may be. But sometimes I meet people and I immediately go on red alert. JACKASS, JACKASS, JACKASS. The other day I saw a guy riding a bike that makes my list of top three greatest bikes. I complemented his ride and all I got was, "yeah it's a pretty nice bike" with a head cock as he just kept rolling by and couldn't even stop to say thanks. All I did was threw a huge slice of complement to his ego. Should have known better. Put that guy in the zoo.

So if your having a "me" day and you notice people giving you the "well he/she thinks he/she is the cat's pajama's" take a step back so you fall off that pedestal you call your ego and walk down here with the rest of us. Except for me. I of course get to stay on my pedestal for calling all of you out.

2 comments:

Ricky and Emily said...

Hey guys!
I just found your blog through Shelley. I just wanted to say that I love your fam and am excited to keep up with you through the whole blogging thing.
Love, Emily

Lisa said...

Hey!!! I am so glad to find your blog:) I am totally cracking up, and I can't believe the absolute perfection and cuteness of your two little kids! Come check out my blog- it's private, so I need to send you an invite! E-mail me at LisaLoo0@yahoo.com :)